Hello from our farm. What a lovely day! Today, we are having a day that makes me think of spring. This morning was cool and lovely. I think it was the reward for a stormy night. We did manage to get some rain last night. Too late for about a third of our corn crop. Between drought, and run away sheep who like to dine in our market garden, it has been challenging lately. To say the least. New fences are going up, but he sheep will probably sprout wings and learn to fly. It's that magnetic attraction to the garden.
Here are our questions for this week:
- D3 is facing wisdom teeth removal. Have you ad your wisdom teeth removed?
- Today Wendell is serving iced tea, iced coffee, and carrot juice. He wants me to ask you which you'd prefer.
- If you use a crock pot, do you have a favorite recipe? If not, what is your favorite, easy "go to" recipe?
- Do you prefer to wash dishes by hand or dishwasher? Yes, I know some of us probably don't like dish washing. Wendell flat out refuses!
- What are you looking forward to?
- Nope. I still have them ,but I am no wiser for it. :P
- I know he would probably only give a thimble full of carrot juice, so I'll take the iced tea. A friend posted on FB that she stopped for a frozen hot chocolate this morning. That sounds promising!
- I have a beef and wild rice dish that is so easy in the crock pot. I also like to use it for chili, and soups in cooler weather. The crock pot is much better than heating up the house with the oven.
- I am looking forward to fall. When we get past July 4th, I figure that the summer is at least halfway over. I love fall so much. I am not a summer person, but I am taking advantage of all the fruits and vegetables by canning, freezing, and dehydrating. I just made some peach/cherry jam this morning. The sweet/tart thing going on with that flavor is amazing! It's also pretty with the small pieces of orange colored peach in the reddish jam.
Have a lovely week!