Hello, friends! The porch is very hot today. It is JULY in all of its glory. The gardens are doing well, but it's a bit dry. Weather reports say that it might be wet soon. There is a storm on the way. Wendell wants one of those hats that has an umbrella attached. Silly horse!
I hope you are all having an enjoyable summer. Do you have any plans for July 4th?
This week's questions:
- What's your favorite kind of cheese?
- Have you ever been in a log cabin?
- What is your favorite kind of salad dressing?
- When was the last time you saw someone from your high school days?
- Tell me what the perfect dinner party would look like for you.
- I like fresh mozzarella.
- Yes. I was in one owned by a quilt teacher. She had her beautiful quilts draped over the loft.
- I like French Dressing.
- Last week. I am fortunate to have two good friends within 20+ miles.
- The perfect dinner party would be 6-10 people. There would be a blend of rustic and polished. Maybe something outdoors with linen table cloths and a few candelabras. Odd chairs around a big table, and different sets of dishes would be fun. I would have grilled kebobs, a big salad, a potato frittata, and grilled vegetables. There would be hot steamy rolls with lots of fresh butter. I would have a flourless chocolate cake bar for dessert. There would be multiple toppings and lots of whipped cream. The there would be a firepit nearby with lots of chairs. Some of the guests would be very musical, and we'd enjoy the evening, and maybe roast a marshmallow or two.