It's hard to believe that we've been meeting on my porch for 92 weeks! That's a lot of tea or coffee. Lots of carrots for the handsome horse! I'm afraid we'll have to clean of the seating on the porch. Everything is covered with a thin layer of yellow pollen. Yellow looks good with my brown hair. Wendell, pollen isn't a fashion accessory. We are actually having spring, here on the East Coast. We have had quite a few years of winter, then hot weather. It is nice to have cooler temperatures that warm up in the middle of the day.
We had a farm day at our farm on Sunday. It was a beautiful day. The sky was bright and had lots of fluffy white clouds. The tents were set up in front of the house with tables. Folks contributed to the pot luck, so we had a variety of foods. Everyone seemed to enjoy the selection. Because of allergies, I couldn't try things. Funny- there were a package of carrots left on the table when folks left. <BURP> I enjoyed them immensely! Now I know where they went. After the meal, my farmer stood up on our wagon and gave a speech about agriculture. Afterwards, everyone either sat on the large flatbed trailer, or walked along beside. Farmer pulled the trailer with his big tractor and stopped to tell everyone about various sites on the farm. We stopped at the high tunnel greenhouse and they learned about growing under cover. Then folks teamed up and helped us plant fig cuttings. The animals had their pictures taken a million times!:) D3 led a walking tour back to the waterfront (1 mile). Her trusty mare, Molly was her mount for the tour. Molly loved having all of the people around. She posed for pictures, was hugged by a few women, and was petted SO much on her nose, that she has a small bald spot now! It hardly mattered to her. It was all attention!:) It was a great day!
Let me tell you about Mr.Wendell. Knowing we had a large crowd coming, we put Wendell in one of the back stalls of our horse barn. He wasn't alone, our boar pig, Junior, was nearby. We opted to put Wen in the back, because he's taken to biting a lot. With all the children that try to pet the animals, we knew they'd be safer if the big guy was hidden. While we were on the farm tour, D3 rode to the barns and found Wendell out, standing in the middle of the barn road. He had mangled a very heavy fence panel to escape. I will be calling him the" party crasher" this week! He was placed in a front stall, but nobody noticed him as the left. He did get carrots from me. Not for being bad- just for being Wendell!
1. How many load of laundry do you do each week (about)?
2. Where do your household pets sleep? If you have no pets, please skip to the next question.
3. What is your favorite thing to listen to while you drive?
4. Do you have to do a big clean-up when you have company, or are you always ready for guests?
5. What's your favorite breakfast food?
1. 12-15 No kidding! Thankfully, I make my own laundry detergent, so I can wash without spending a fortune. You can read how to make your own here..
2. The big dog sleeps on a gigantic dog bed in the living room. The smaller dog sleeps in a kennel, or she prowls and looks for trouble all night. The cats sleep upstairs.
3. I like Christian radio, NPR, or CD's. Sometimes, I like to just hear silence.
4. I think of the movie Pride and Prejudice. Remember when Bingley and Darcy visited the Bennets' house? The girls had seen them approach, so, with their mother, they rushed around to clean up. We refer to that a our Chinese Fire Drill. We are never in order for guests and we always rush around like we are crazy! At least I've cured the girls from putting socks under the couch pillow! :) lol
5. I love Dutch Baby Pancakes, old fashioned pancakes, turkey sausage, and eggs. I love eggs!
If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
Follow My Blog
Wendell loves followers, and carrots!
Wendell, the Wonder Horse
Have I ever told you I like carrots?
How to reach me:
I can be reached at the following email. I enjoy positive comments and kind, friendly people.
Please click and vote for me! Pleeeeez!!
Within me to strengthen me,
Without me to guard me,
Over me to shelter me,
Beneath me to uphold me,
Before me to guide me,
After me to forward me,
Round about me to secure me.
All photographs, text, and recipes are the property of Everyday Ruralty. Copyright -Patrice of Everyday Ruralty 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014