Wendell and his friends will be chatting nearby. Well, maybe not chatting. Let's say chomping! CHOMP-CHOMP-CHOMP!
We don't typically keep 1600-2000 pound draft horses in a whimpy wire fence, but they like eating the grass the sheep miss. They act like they're sneaking into the sheep pasture, eat their fill, then return to their own grassy pasture.
I just want to tell all my blogging friends HELLO. Chomp-chomp-chomp! I highly recommend this salad bar.
A few weeks ago, I mentioned blogging breaks. I had a variety of responses, but I think that everyone knows that you can get in a rut sometimes. It dawned on me that I don't need a blogging break. In only having Chats for the last five weeks, I have had a break. I don't need to disappear. (Uh, uh- no cheering!I said I DON'T need to disappear.) I just needed to gear down. I love the sense of community around Chats. I have had many lovely comments on how much you enjoy dropping by for some talk. I enjoy it too. I will try to get back to a more frequent schedule of blogging. I miss it, but the rest has been nice. Let's get to those questions!
- When you were a child, what age did you think was "OLD"?
- How often do you have dessert?
- What's your favorite kind of exercise?
- Do you watch movies on TV, movies from a rental or the library, or movies online?
- Tell me something you remember about your grand mother's/grand father's house? I'm thinking of something you saw all of the time, like a picture, clock, statue, teapot. or some thing that was always there.
- I was sure that 30 was ancient! <giggle>
- I have dessert for the farm employees and volunteers every Monday at our mid-day meal. It's nice to make dessert for a large crowd. That way there is seldom anything left to say, "Hey, you. I'm over here. Yes. Me! You know you love dessert..."
- Probably the exercise that someone else is doing! I am not one to go to a gym. I know it works fine for some folks, but not me. I am also not one for a program of specific exercises, but I know they can be quite healthy. I like to walk, when I'm not allergic to everything outside. I also love to swim.
- We usually watch movies from the library, or our own collection. Sometimes we get them online.
- I remember a bay window my grandmother had. It was decked out with lots of sheer white curtains. They were always bright white, very clean, and they blew with the wind that came from an open window. I also remember going to her neighbor's house. There was an elderly lady there whose family never paid any attention to her. She was the sweetest lady in the world. It made for a bit of jealousy from my own grandmother, but I went anyway. She had lots of interesting things in her house. I would sit at the kitchen table and she would give me milk or lemonade, and cookies. She had a clock over her kitchen door that was a black and white cat. Its tail went back and forth to count every minute. I believe its eyes moved too. I was fascinated by that clock! I saw one in an antique store and felt like a little girl again.