Welcome to my farmhouse. We'll have to chat inside today. It's very cold and the wind has been fierce. Wendell's hair looks as though he's gotten carried away with mousse. We have five baby pigs, and some lambs on the way. We are making plans for the upcoming year on the farm.
I want to thank everyone who reads this blog. I value your visits and your comments. Interacting with super people makes blogging such a fun thing. I had no idea how much I'd enjoy having a blog, until I took the plunge. Thanks for making it so enjoyable.
This week's questions:
- Do you make New Years resolutions?
- What do you hope to accomplish this year?
- Tell me about your favorite place to think, create, or just relax.
- Are you a fan of old movies? (Like the ones that were originally black and white.)
- Tell me something that made you happy since our last porch visit. If you're new to the chats, tell me something good that has happened to you lately.
- I used to, but I found they were often a recipe for feeling like a failure. I would rather quietly think of some possible goals, than announce a huge goal or change. I will gladly cheer on anyone who does.:)
- I would like to publish my last book as an e-book. I would like to try to focus more on the creative things that make me happy.
- Hubby put a wonderful studio outside our house. It is a great place for me to work in privacy- uh, until the family finds me! I will work happily out there, and the crew appears one by one to see what I'm doing. I think I might as well just stay in the house. I do like the space though. I also love one of our barns. It's a great place to think.
- I love old movies. I just showed White Christmas, with Bing Crosby. It was the first time hubby and the girls have seen it. I was fortunate to see the play at a huge theater a few weeks ago. I used to love watching anything with Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, and Humphrey Bogart. I don't watch them often enough anymore. It seems there is always something new that someone in the family would like to see. I just watched the most recent version of Sense and Sensibility (the one with Hattie Moran and Charity Wakefield) just a few days ago.
- Champagne-Raspberry Tea made me happy. Pecan cookies with dark chocolate chunks made me happy. Clearing four black trash bags of nice girls' clothes for charity made me smile. Seeing a family I haven't seen in years was a big smile for me. You know what else? Knowing we would meet for chats today makes me happy!
Wishing each of you a healthy, happy year in 2013!