Tobacco stacks in the neighbor's field
(Don't they look like little tepees?)
Welcome to the porch! It's a wee bit chilly in the morning, but it heats up to be in the 60s during the day. The sky has been bright blue and the sun has been shining so all of the gorgeous colors of fall are highlighted. I love this time of year. I think it's a day for a big mug of tea. I'm serving some of the teas from the giveaway that I posted about last week.
- I just posted about some spice canisters yesterday. Do you have any funny stories about spices?
- Have you ever carved a pumpkin?
- What's your favorite fall meal?
- Do you have a hunter in the family?
- Pretend that I just won a big cash prize. Ooo! I like this already:) One of the stipulations of the prize is taking a friend out for a shopping spree and spending $1000 on them. Let's say I'm coming to your house because I chose YOU. Where would we go and what would we buy? No party poopers allowed! Have fun with this. I only wish it was real.
- I had a big dinner party once and we have a very long table. Friends were seated all around the table, so passing dishes was required. Passing salt and pepper was too. One of my friends had a bit too much to drink, so every time someone asked for the salt and pepper she would study the shakers and then use them on her dinner. I'm sure she had passed them at least a dozen times, using them each time they went around. Can you imagine what her dinner tasted like? !!! That must be why my mom always had salt and pepper at each end of the table.
- Yes. They are not my best medium for art, but it's fun to do.
- I love my Cranberry Beef Stew, with tons of Baby Bella Mushrooms, served over egg noodles, with a salad, vegetable that strikes my fancy that day, and crusty bread to mop up the gravy. Yum!
- Sometimes. C.S.Farmer likes to hunt, but doesn't have the time. He does have the inspiration though- the deer ate 3000 sweet potato plants this season. Gone- vanished- poof! 3000!!! My dad used to hunt for big stuff out west. I have a precious friend who likes to hunt with her hubby. She attempts to be stylish in camouflage I must say that she manages to look quite lovely. I think the plan is for the deer to stop and admire her so the hubby has time for a shot. Don't know- just speculating:)
- Nope! I asked you first...