- Who do you look like in your family?
- Would you rather read a novel, a poem, a magazine, or a how-to book?
- Is there anything in your future that seems challenging, daunting, or "larger than life"?
- Do you have any big projects for this season? (DIY/household/craft or sewing/home business/ whatever you consider a project)
- Please finish this: It made me so happy to_________________.
- I look like my horse, Wendell. No- actually, I look like my mom, but I have my dad's height and his forehead.
- Novels! I read about 3-4 novels a month when I'm not in a deep writing mode. I like a poem every now and then. How-to books are always interesting if they pertain to something I want to do. I get to read magazines in the chiropractor's office, and I read some hand-me-down magazines from a friend.
- I'm planning on participating in NaNoWriMo (note their item #5). It stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words from the first day of November until the last. I will be duct taping my family, starving myself except for tea and chocolate, ignoring the pets, getting cable TV to keep Wendell busy, and only blogging when I'm not typing my fingers off. Will I finish with the correct word count? Stay tuned and see. I'm hoping to have a word count badge on this blog so you can see how I'm doing. I hope you will drop by during the month of November and give me an extra dose of encouragement.
- I think #3 could answer this question, but I actually have other projects that I will fiercely ignore during November! I am going to tackle my overstuffed storage shed and "take no prisoners". I hope to also clear out a useless file cabinet with old schlep. I love that word. I don't love the file cabinet in my house when it can go bye-bye once empty. These fun games will not be happening during NaNoWriMo- I fear sleep won't either. :( Did I tell you that I do my best work when the family is asleep?
- It made me so happy to hear my youngest daughter singing a song she learned at Sunday school this past week. "Lord you are more precious than silver. Lord you are more costly than gold. Lord you are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with you." Amen!
Wishing you all a wonderful week!