- What's the last thing that made you cry?
- Have you ever had any small pets, other than cats or dogs?
- Waffles or pancakes?
- Do you like politics? We don't need to know who you want to vote for if you are in the US, facing the upcoming election- just asking if you find the whole thing interesting.
- Please fill in the blanks: If only I could____________then___________.
- Monday morning, D1 took the commuter bus back to the city for college. I see her weekly, but I'm still adjusting to not having her here in the house. I cried for a few minutes until I realized how silly it was since I'd see her in six more days.Besides, She's doing well and that makes me happy! I also thought of how quickly the time passed from the girls being little to the time when I have one in college. It was only yesterday that...
- I used to have a flying squirrel that had been rescued during a bad storm. Our family had a closed -in porch that hardly ever got used, so my dad brought a small tree (about six feet tall without leaves) into the porch and attached it into the wall so the squirrel could climb it and jump off to fly. We kept the log with a hole that we'd found him in and that was his "bed". He'd crawl in every evening. So cute!
- I like both, but pancakes reign here! We make several varieties of gluten free pancakes. I have a daughter who loves to pour them and flip them, so I usually only have to make the batter.
- I dread the time when elections are near. I'm so tired of voting for someone just because I don't want the other guy. I generally don't trust any of them. I HATE POLITICS! I'm surrounded by those that find it fascinating. I read a lot more books when everyone is going on about current political things.
- If only I could find a way to have the time to write again, then I would finish up some of my projects and feel a great sense of accomplishment. I dream of being a writer, yet I find myself peeling tomatoes and chopping peppers to freeze. Laundry calls, family calls, insanity calls (like that one?) I used to write a minimum of 1500 - 3000 words a day. I had to stay up after everyone else went to bed to do it, but I did it almost like an addiction. I was really happy, but very tired. A number of health issues forced me to chose sleep over writing. If I don't find a way to carve time out of my schedule, I'll go nuts. If you see me on the porch, rocking (in fetal position), you'll know what happened!
I'd love to hear what you're doing these days. Are you enjoying early fall? We have to wear sweaters early in the morning, by 10:30 or so, sleeveless shirts and shorts are in order. The birds are lighting on the land and on power lines in large groups. They actually make a big, dark cloud. The geese are flying over now. I always wave and say hello to them. I know it sounds stupid, so I don't do it when farm customers are here!
I hope you have a great week. I hope to get our chat up on time next week. No ER visits for us if I have my way.