- Do you have any special plans for this fall?
- Do you collect anything?
- Have you done any canning or freezing this season?
- Do you have a friend who lives far away? Where do they live?
- When in a store, restaurant, or other business, do you ever complain or praise to the management?
- I have been trying to get rid of a lot of clutter by taking things to the charity shop, recycling, and the dump. I hope to continue this at a faster pace when it cools off. Besides that, I have some painting to do at the house.
- I collect small tins that are shaped like houses.(I will post on them soon.) They aren't easy to find. I also have my mom's tea cup collection, which I add to when I find something I like. My intention isn't to go nuts collecting tea cups. I really don't have much room for them. I wanted to collect tea pots, but that would be even worse to house than tea cups, so I'll just enjoy the ones I have.
- I have frozen lots of produce and made some relish. I have also dehydrated green and red peppers, and tomatoes. I store them in the freezer and use them in dishes all year long. You might ask why I bother to dehydrate them just to freeze them. I found that they only take a small amount of freezer space if dried first. Freezing maintains the quality far longer. BTW- I grind the dried tomatoes and add the powder to tomato based sauces to thicken. It gives them more body and flavor.
- I have a friend way out East, across that big pond, in England. We've been friends for a VERY long time. If you go a little less distance the other direction, you'll find a sweet friend in California. Then there are lots of blogger friends all over the place!
- I complain if something is really bad, but I also note great service to the management or by letter to the corporation. I figure just complaining would make me crabby, but doing both has a natural sense of balance to it. You should see an employee's face light up when you ask them who the manager is, to give an "atta boy" for a good job. Sometimes they think you're going to complain, so I tell them that they did a good job and I'm not complaining. I never engage the bad workers, just mention something to the boss (not very often though).
I started saying "Have a Wendell Day" last week. I will continue to say it to you since he's such a happy guy and I would wish happiness to each of you.
Have a Wendell Week!