Welcome to my porch!The weather is a bit windy, but it's definitely spring. Everything is dusted with yellow pollen. (Oh, joy! -<sarcasm>) After a visit, we should walk down and visit Wendell. He's bright eyed and bushy tailed. He seems to be on the mend. He is no longer groaning with a tummy ache. His gait isn't as stiff, but he is very limited in a stall. It's the funniest thing how last year, when he was sick, he lost his award winning personality. He has been anti-social for the last year. No matter what we did, he seemed to always be indifferent. He's a love bug again. He'd always been a very affectionate horse, until last year. He's so friendly. It must have been the friendly medicine I gave him! I honestly don't know what got his personality back, but I'm very happy to have him greet me when I go to the barn.
Here are our questions for the week:
- Would you prefer to watch a movie in a theater or at home?
- Do you have a specific way for managing change(coins)? This could be a bank, a large piece of pottery, or an old bottle. Perhaps you roll it right away for the bank, give it to your kids, or spend it instead of letting it accumulate.
- How often do you have to vacuum?
- Do you prefer flooring, carpet, or rugs?
- This week is my birthday! Yay! If I could visit you for 1-2 hours, where would you take me. Patrice, Aren't you being a bit presumptuous? Do you think I'd actually want to take you anywhere? Don't you know I only read your blog to see Wendell? Seriously, well not exactly, but humor me anyway- would we go for a walk in your garden, to a nearby antique store, to a tea room or coffee shop? A Happy Meal? Hello- are you still there? I just thought this question would be fun.
- Home! I really don't like crowds. Since having Lyme Disease, my brain and eyes cannot take all of the bright lights and fast paced ads like a movie theater has.
- I put all my change in a pottery bowl. I take the wheat pennies and any different or collectible coins and put them in a bank that my dear friend, Elaine,gave me. It looks like a guard from the Tower of London. It's a cute bank. I roll large quantities of coins for deposit and have to always come up with quarters for the change bags we use at the farmers' market.
- With two dogs and four cats- DAILY!
- I love hardwood flooring. Rugs are good and can help with warmth. I have had lots of carpets over the years, but when they get really dirty, it isn't as easy to manage them as flooring or rugs that can be removed easily.
- I'd visit each one of you and bring you a bouquet of spring flowers. I just want you to know how much I care about my porch visitors! Thank you to everyone who reads or follows this blog. This June will be two years of blogging. I'm so glad that I started Everyday Ruralty!
"I'd take you to the carrot store! Of course. Bring that plastic thing or lots of cash.
I'd buy you lots of nice bright colored carrots. They even have purple ones now.
They must be from the Easter Bunny. I will watch them in the horse trailer
while you drive home. Okay? It will be a wonderful celebration of carrots- oops,
I mean, your birthday."
Have a great week!