Welcome to my porch! I had a two fun days as we celebrated D3's birthday. Sunday evening we had a party. We were able to have it in our newly painted dining room. I still have to hang pictures and put the finishing touches on the room, but using the newly renovated room was great. Monday included a shopping trip as part of D3's present. Girls love shopping!I'm very happy with the clothes she chose. My, my- that rhymes! When I told you that we had a birthday, I forgot to tell you the neatest bit of trivia. Yesterday was not only D3's birthday, but her beloved mare, Molly's, too. Imagine a horse and her owner sharing the same birthday. Month, day, and year are the same. It's kind of funny to think I might have been in labor while the broodmare was foaling Molly. Of all the horse folks I know and all the horses, I have never heard of any others who shared a birthday.
A few of you have asked about Wendell. He's pretty used to the chickens now, but the sheep are a bit of a curiosity for him. As I walked out to get eggs yesterday, I noticed Wendell hiding behind a tree, adjacent to the pen where the new sheep are. How I wish I'd had my camera! I'm sure he will get used to the lambs soon enough. I'm not sure if the lambs will get used to him, or us, for that matter! They have really mastered that flight thing( as in "fight or flight"). They seem scared of their own shadows. Hopefully, they will settle in soon.
- What was the first sign of spring that you saw this year?
- What was the last package you received in the mail?
- Do you have any Easter, or spring traditions in your home?
- Do you hand wash dishes or machine was them?
- If I had an extra hour each day, I'd ______________.
- I saw a Robin Red Breast bird.
- I received a lovely box of goodies from Empty Nester. Thank you, my friend. You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad you did!
- Easter time includes lots of church traditions. I love the music celebrating the resurrection of Christ. We have a lovely dinner. I always had Easter baskets for the girls, but each year I seem to be getting further and further away from all of that candy. I try to find gifts they would enjoy, and only have a tiny amount of sweets.
- All of the above! With food allergies galore, I cook everything from scratch. It makes a huge amount of dishes. I can only keep up if I fill the dishwasher and do remaining pots and pans by hand.
- ___sneak off somewhere quiet and finish writing my book.