It's still Valentine's Day, but not for long. I hope it was a wonderful day for each of you. I apologize for being on the late side with our chat, but hubby was willing to do some home improvements and I wanted to help while he was willing to do the work. If he'd found something else to do while I was writing a bl9g post, I'd have been very unhappy. Thanks for your patience!
Last week I visited everyone who participated in Farmhouse Chats. I tried to comment, but I was unable to do so. It was as if I had been banned from commenting. Please know that I ALWAYS visit everyone who participates and I comment. If this continues, I will contact Blogger to see what's going on.
Let's get to this week's questions.
- Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?
- What was the last craft item that you made?
- Are you planning a garden? Are you swamped with seed catalogs?
- What cosmetics do you have in your purse?
- When there is a room to be painted in your home, who does the painting?
- Hubby and I joke that a trip to Home Depot on 2/13 was our Valentine's Day celebration. :) He brought me some lovely yellow tulips from our farmers' market.
2. I made a flower fairy for D4's birthday last week and I painted a small wooden birdhouse for the fairy to sit on for the center of her birthday cake.
3. We grow vegetables for a living, so you know my answer to this one. We should have around 60 varieties. The seed catalogs are pouring in. I have noticed, over the years, how easy gardening seems from the comfort of a reclining chair. Even though they're a bit of work, I would encourage everyone to have a garden.
4. I have a lip balm from Tropical Traditions, and an organic mascara. That's it! I'm not very complicated.
5. Hubby hates to paint and I think it's great fun. I don't like painting the ceiling, because I always find myself visiting the chiropractor afterwards. He's a nice guy and a wonderful chiropractor, but I'd rather put my own kids through college than his! I will be painting my dining room this week and I can't wait until it's finished. I have two daughters who also like to paint, so I think it should go fast. This room has been a temporary bedroom for C.S.Farmer and me, but we've moved into another room of the house and I will have a dining room again. Yay! I will be painting it pale butter yellow, with white trim. I have many dishes and linens that are blue and white, so I think they will be lovely with the pale yellow. I will show you my project.
Have a lovely week!