Hello, friends! It's easier to believe that it's winter now that the weather is true to January. We had snow yesterday and some of the snow flakes looked like Queen Anne's Lace,the flower, was falling from the sky. A few of the snowflakes took up the palm of my hand. Big snowflakes!
I just recently posted my 400th post. I have been dancing with the number of followers for a couple months now. I have had 490 or so, but it varies so much that I wonder if I will ever reach 500. I wanted to reach 500 by Christmas, then by the first of the year, but it didn't happen. Then it struck me. Was it a big snowflake that struck you? One hit me on my ear and another on my backside. No, Wendell. A thought struck me. Oh, I don't waste time with things like thoughts. I like carrots much better. Wen, can I get back to what I was telling the people. Sure. I don't know why you're bothering me during my lunch anyway! Okay. As I was saying, I was all wrapped up with the number of GFC followers when I realized that it isn't that big anyway. I'd rather have ten pleasant followers who enjoy visiting my blog and interact with me by comments and links than huge numbers. I've been blessed with far more than I'd ever imagined. I have some lovely followers and readers. They remind me that there are some great people around. It's easy to get caught up in news reports and the people who drive you crazy from day to day. You can easily lose sight of how wonderful it is just to get an email from a friend or a simple note in the mail. As my mother would have said, "Quality, not quantity, dear."
- How often do you wear a skirt or dress?
- Did you feel unmotivated after Christmas and New Years?
- What was the last thing that made you say "Wow"?
- Do you shop with a list, or do you "wing it"?
- I enjoyed this so much that I will ask this again. What questions would you like me to ask on our Chat?
- I wear one most weeks to church. During the summer I enjoy a light weight dress, but it isn't always practical with the farm. In the winter I love wearing a long, heavy skirt with boots. I am still a blue jean girl though.
- I was so unmotivated that I wanted to ask this question just to see if it was me, or if others felt that way. I don't know if it's some type of let down from all the busy times during the Holidays, or something to do with the amount of sunlight. How do they handle it in Alaska when it's dark for long stretches of time?
- I was at a repertoire class for my singer daughter last night. That is a class where the students sing something that they are currently working on. The instructor makes comments about technique and those watching comment about quality of performance and the way the singer presents it or interprets the song. There was a young tenor there that sung a classical song in English that left everyone in the room saying, "Wow"! He was so passionate about what he was singing and his voice has grown into something quite lovely in the last 1+ year that he has studied with this teacher. Wow!
- I do much better if I shop with a list. If I don't have a list, my stomach becomes as pushy as Wendell! I heard that! Oops! Just kidding, bug guy! I save money if I don't go to the store when I'm hungry.
- Please share some questions with me. This isn't to fill space, I would like to know what you want to learn from our other participants.