Welcome back to my place. The porch is cold now and the rain makes it more comfortable to be inside. There's coffee, tea, and warm cider for everyone. For those who don't mind getting wet, we can go visit Wendell. I just bought extra carrots today at the grocery store. I'd also like to introduce you to Opal. She's D1's cat. I was in D1's room this morning and the cat walked over to the radio and turned on a classical music station. Such good taste for a tortoise shell kitty. She thinks she's human, so she might want to join us for our chat.
My blog posts are far between lately. I must admit that I'm in a bit of a blog slump. I've read accounts by many folks who have had this happen. It might be all of the rushing around that we do to get ready for Christmas, or maybe it just happens to bloggers. It isn't for a lack of ideas. I could name twenty blog post ideas without thinking too hard. Maybe I have just spent too much time Christmas shopping online and have burned some brain cells from that much time on my laptop. I was pondering this as I sang choruses of 'What's it all about, Alfie..." and I opened an email that told me how much the person liked this meme. Consider me re- energized! I'm also looking forward to a few changes that my web designing daughter will be making soon.
Let's start chatting now.
- Have you ever had a blog slump?
- What's your favorite way to serve hot chocolate (cocoa)? Marshmallows on top? Whipped Cream? A cinnamon stick?
- How do you handle it when you see someone you think you know, but cannot place? Do you approach them and ask, shy away, or just go home and hope you don't think of it at 2am?
- What was your position in your family? Were you the oldest, a middle child, the youngest or an only child?
- How do you handle accumulated possessions (stuff)? Are you a pack-rat, a minimalist, or somewhere in between?
- See above - paragraph 2. YES!
- I love hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream.
- If the person seems approachable and I have the time, I will generally go say hello and try to find out where I have met them before. Sometimes I'm wrong, so I apologize for taking their time and wish them a great day. I have the reverse of this happen all of the time. I am either very generic, or I have twins around the world!
- I was the baby of the family, but by so much that I was like an only child. Oh, no. I can't decide. Baby or Only? What's it all about Alfie... Who is Alfie anyway?
- I'm working on that. I'm not quite a pack rat, but calling me a minimalist would send hubby into uncontrollable laughter. It doesn't help that we moved into his family house and it was full of his grandparents' things. Then when my mom passed away, my sisters dropped off boxes. Lots of boxes! It seems like toys, books, and kids clothes tend to be something that you really have to keep up with. I just took a truck full to the charity today. I have plans to do that again soon. It feels so good!
Regarding the Christmas Card/Gift Exchange- I will be emailing all of you who expressed interest within the next few days. It will be fun. Wendell wants to participate too. Anyone interested in half a carrot?