Welcome to the porch. Have a seat and we'll chat for a while. There are some folks who visit every week, but there is always room for some new friends. Our weather has been warm during the day and a bit cool in the evening. We are winding down the market garden for summer, but we have fall crops in and they will be ready soon. I'm serving chai tea this morning and vanilla coffee. Grab a mug. Oh, while your at it, grab a carrot for Wendell.
- Did you have a way to earn money as a child or teen?
- Does your body run hot or cold? (Are you in a sweater/jumper when everyone else is in short sleeves or do you wear a sweatshirt when everyone has on parkas?)
- What's your level of computer savvy?
- When you have pasta, do you prefer a red sauce (marinara type) or a white sauce (fettuccine type)?
- What's your favorite thing to put in brownies?
- I used to try to make crafty things and sell them when I was a kid. As a teen, I wasn't into babysitting, like all my friends, but I was really good at sewing so I took in alterations. I still did crafts then and would do an occasional craft show.
- I'm a wee bit on the cool side. I have really leveled out in the past few years. I have a family member who would be happy as can be in a windbreaker during a blizzard. Not me. I LOVE sweaters, but it's not quite that cool here yet.
- I'm excellent at turning my laptop on and I can check my email. Does that answer the question? My generation only had people with that skill who were geeks. It wasn't as common for everyone as it is now. I have learned a lot. Much of it from my brilliant D1. Her blog design skills are super. She's really patient with me and has taught me so much. Therefore, I'm patient when she practices driving. A nice trade-off, eh?
- I like both, but tomato doesn't agree with my tummy like it used to. I choose white sauces when I have the chance.
- Since I have a death allergy to walnuts, they never go in there and I wouldn't dream of touching a brownie that I couldn't verify. I can be a pain in the xxxx- I know! Allergies are no fun. I like pecans in them, but I think my favorite brownie has a cheesecake swirl and dark chocolate chunks. I'm proud to say that I never even touched one of the last batch that was made in this house. Yay! I have lost weight and I love the way clothes feel now.
"Hey, Patrice! Or is that Hay, Patrice? Hmm. Wendell needs to think about that. Are you going to tell them what I'm up to?"
"Not now, sweetie. That's another post."
"Don't forget. Okay?"
"Okay. I'll post it soon. I know you're excited about what you're doing."
"By the way, I have a great idea."
"When you have the people chat on the porch, you should have them all bring carrots for the horse. Okay?"
"I'm not sure that would work, Wendell."
"But I'm cute."
"Yes, dear. I know that. I'll buy your some carrots when I go to the store. Okay?"
"Great! When the people come, I'll have lots of carrots."
"You are hopeless!!!!"