I'd like to introduce you to a new friend. This is Isabel. She is the new baby (puppy) of our farm intern and his wife. She's a ten week old Bernese Mountain Dog, with huge puppy paws and cuteness that reaches out and grabs your heart. I covet their puppy. There is no way we could fit another pet into our lives, so I will have to be happy living vicariously through Isabel's puppyhood! What a sweet, adorable dog!
Isabel, after I met her.
Questions for our chat:
- What was your biggest fear as a child?
- How old were you when you learned to cook? Or how old will you be when you learn to cook?
- Did you have a favorite book as a child? What was it?
- What's the busiest time of year for you?
- Have you ever won a contest?
- I was afraid of something under my bed, so I'd check each night before I got in, and jump a few feet away from the bed when I got out so "it" couldn't grab my ankles. <chuckle>
- I was nine when I learned to cook, but I wasn't good at a full meal until I was 12. My mom bailed out on cooking the minute she figured out that I could do it myself. I hung in the kitchen to avoid some adults. You can read about that here.
- Charlotte's Web and Secret Garden were favorites.
- Summer is really busy on a farm that does farmers' markets.
- In third grade I won a spelling contest and got a case of Reese Peanut Butter Cups. About ten years ago I won an art contest and got a prize bag with lots of gift certificates and small prizes. Sorry that I don't have pictures to share right now. I need a backhoe to go through my photos to find that one!
Have a great week and please come back for a visit next week!