Welcome to my porch. It's been beautiful weather here, if you don't count an earthquake. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I thought my washer had an unbalanced load when I first heard the rumbles and shaking of this old farmhouse. Seconds later, I realized what was happening. A few things fell off shelves, but only an empty canning jar was broken. I was a bit frantic because I couldn't find my youngest, but I quickly remembered that she was at the barn with C.S.Farmer. It was really strange to have the same feeling you have when you get off a boat. I was only trying to walk in my house and I noticed it was a challenge for a few minutes. Perhaps an earthquake throws off your equilibrium. Molly, D3's horse, was swaying in the field. The house cats were scared and the farm cats were noticeably absent for a while. All this leads me to think of how terrible things must be for the people in Japan. This was a much smaller earthquake.
Please feel free to answer the questions in comments or make a post about "Chats on the Farmhouse Porch". I hope more folks will join in so we can meet new friends.
- What's your favorite kind of soup?
- Do you prefer a movie or a play?
- What was your most unusual birthday celebration? (It can be the most unusual celebration you attended, if you wish.)
- What position were you in your family- oldest, middle, youngest, only?
- 5. Please finish this: Star shine. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight...
I know #5 is a bit different, but I was looking at a lone star the other night and I remembered the little poem from childhood.
1. That's a tie between cream of mushroom soup and French onion soup. I also love beef vegetable soup.
2. I love to see both, but plays rank a bit higher. The convenience of watching a movie on DVD at home does have merit though.
3. My most unusual birthday celebration was a few years ago when a German lady came to the farm for a farm tour. She brought her guitar and sang to the girls and me. She brought us gifts (from a yard sale- with price stickers still on). She had me play a tape with music and insisted on teaching us the chicken dance. Don't ask. The girls talked me into dancing. She left and was never heard from again. Several years later and I'm still scratching my head, saying, "What the ---- was that all about?" It just happened to be on my birthday. TOP THAT!
4. I'm the youngest, but by so much, that I was raised almost like an only child. Let's just say "youngest". I read an interesting book on birth order once by Dr. Kevin Lehman. It was a good read and I found much of it to be so accurate.
5. I wish for good health for all my family and friends. If you don't have good health, so many of the things one could wish for wouldn't seem as important.
I look forward to seeing your answers. Have a good rest of the week!